Friday, January 19, 2007

Daniel Willock

This paper is about the "Hero's Journey". The main person that it is based on or around is myself. I believe that my trip from Reno to Sacramento as well as the stay completes "Hero's Journey". I wouldn't say that it was a hero's journey parse, I would say it was just a journey.

I fell that the separation of the journey would have to be the decision as well as the packing to leave to my home town, Sacramento. The calling for me was that i had a chance to see several of my family members. the threshold would be my physical being standing in the door way of my house with suitcases in hand, on the verge of starting my journey. at first i thought that the descent would be me going down to the Greyhound station, but now that i think about it more and more i see that me actually being on the bus itself on they way to Sacramento better suits the action of the descent more.

setting foot of the bus and starting my journey by walking through the doors of the Sacramento Greyhound station felt like the initiation of my hero's journey. the Abyss would have to be Sacramento because i have been away for too long from the town that means so much to me. My Aunt Rosie, Uncle Jimmy, My Mom, Shannon(moms boyfriend), and Mimi(moms boyfriends sister) would be my mentors because they all have influenced me in many ways. the transformation of my journey would have to be that i realized that everything would be better off if i had listened to my mom in the first place and not complained about rules and other important matters.

the return process of the hero's journal would be when i finally returned my home in Reno. My creation was influenced many points of advice and even my own thoughts. i realize now that one lives once so one shouldn't mess thing up in the long run. i also learned that if you do what you have to, like pleas your parents so they wont have to deal with your mess and problems, then time will go by faster and smoother.

myself is the main person that this essay is based around, this paper also explains my so called hero's journey in stages as well as the events that fallow. whether or not i completed a hero's journey doesn't really matter because of the knowledge i gained from it is of more importance. if i had to chose if i completed one or not, i would say that i did.

No comments: